Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Cinematic Animation

https://gfycat.com/EnchantingFlawedIcelandicsheepdog - link to the gif.

Here is the animation i did for the last part of the game. Boy walks up the stairs, looks at sword, listening to the voice of the demon. I've made all of it myself, and was a lot of fun. First I began with getting the reference of the stairs. Then I animated the hips together with the steps. At first the movement didnt look too natural. So I added some weight behind the steps with some saddle hand and finger movement (Second screenshot).  At the end the boy approaches the altar, slowly to express cautiousness.

I had to clean up some steps as they looked too rushed, too low or like he was sliding. I think It turned out pretty well, however I could clean up the animation bit more, especially the feet sliding in some parts. Also maybe I could extend it further, so the boy picks up the sword.







No comments:

Post a Comment