Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Boy Animations



Here are some screenshots of the animations i did for the boy.  It was a lot of fun to do, even tho it was my first time animating a character. We were told we could use premade animations, however I didn't wanted to do that, I wanted to learn and make stuff on my own.




 First I began with the Idle animation. I've put him into a relaxed, standing position for start, and went from there. Slight breathing movements by rotating the chest forward and backwards a bit. Then the boy looks around, going back to his loop position. To improve on that I could make it a bit longer. although I like how he behaves, it is too repetitive when it's looping inside the engine. I could just add a bit more frames so he just stands there breathing.















Here is the first jump animation I did. At first it had some hand wave motion, backwards and forward, However I changed it as it looked weird inside the engine. First he gathers strength, then pushes off the ground, to land gaining balance. We haven't used this one, however we used the mid air frames as a falling state. To improve on this animation I think it should be more dynamic when he pushes off the ground.









Here is a take two on the jumping. This one had the same, basic idea; push off the ground, jump, gain balance. However as you can see on the second screenshot it shows more control and stability from the boy as he is in the air. We ended up using this one.  To improve it I could make it more dynamic while he is in the air.








Here is the running animation. Not much talk about in here, I tried to get a good loop, however I didn't manage to get it perfectly smooth. I'm happy with the results though. However I could hide the loop a bit better, and make it look more natural.






I think this is my favorite one. Just a basic walk animation, but this one feels most natural of them all. We ended up not using it at all because of the lack of time. Same as the running animation I could improve it by hiding the loop better.





No comments:

Post a Comment