Monday, December 1, 2014

NewYork Rooftops-GasMask pickup

Our New York map needed a pickup object and we decided it should be a gas mask, considering an apocalyptic theme of our map. I didn't have much time so i jumped straight into zbrush and sculpted the whole thing. After the sculpt was ready I did a quick retopo inside zbrush , so it's ready for UVs. After the  Uvs were done I polypainted the model, transformed polypainting to texture, made normal maps and exported all to Maya. 


Zbrush preview

ZbrushPreview2

Maya low poly model with normals and textures applied


The quality of the mask is a bit low, as the resolution of the maps had to be kept reasonable 








































Here are some early stages of the sculpt. Started off with a dynameshed sphere and shaped out the basic mask shape.  Below you can see the first goggle idea I had; i didn't like it because it didn't fit too well with the shape of the mask and silhouette.

 I needed something to protect the rest of the head from harm/radiation. So i decided a hood would be perfect for it. I inserted a new sphere into the scene and forged it with dynamesh into a hood; it goes around the neck, through under the helmet.




 Here I had the concept done and all I had to do is sculpt in more details

















Here are the concepts and main reference images I used for my sculpt. On the concept you can see the reasons behind some assets; two oxygen containers for more futuristic look, Jaw protection etc. I changed some of them around for more practical results, like the goggles.







Based on this

No comments:

Post a Comment