Wednesday, December 10, 2014

New York Project- Empire State

 Here is the empire state building, finished. As you can see i changed the outher block texture to blueish to keep the theme (our map has a blueish ambient) . The building is quite simple, and low poly (the top bit is a bit more dense in polycount)





































Bit more detail at top by extruding some stuff in to make windows






















Using lots of reference helped be understanding it's construction and flow. I wasn't sure of the base, top and sides of the building, so I used Google earth/maps to get a closer look.  At first I thought i will model it with destroyed top, showing the construction bones (reference below);however I had to keep it recognizable.

Empire state building has lots of windows, and it would take ages and lots of polygons to make them, and I couldn't afford either.  I went to google earth, and took a screenshot of all the sides and made textures out of it, and for the rest I just used basic metal textures; Everything is tileable to keep some quality as maps were low resolution.

Another great reference I used was This building someone made; really high detail and close up shots.

Main window texture for the top square





Later on changed to bit more blueish color, to fit into the theme.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment